Conditions of Let
1. Lismore Public Hall accepts no responsibility for loss of or damage to possessions arising from a let.
2. All activities taking place in the Hall require clean, soft-soled footwear to be worn to prevent damage to and marking the laminate floor. Stilettos and tackety boots are not allowed.
3. The charge for the let does not include the cost of cleaning the premises. It is the let holder’s responsibility to ensure that the Hall (including all ancillary spaces, such as kitchen, stairs and toilets) is left clean and tidy at the conclusion of the let.
4. As a concession, when the let is for a dance/party etc. scheduled to end after midnight, cleaning and tidying may be postponed until the following day provided that the following conditions are met: Before leaving the Hall on the night of the event the hirer must ensure that all surplus wetness is removed from the floor. After a Friday evening event, a clear passage must be provided for access to the Surgery. All cleaning and tidying must be complete no later than 13.00 the following day.
5. At the end of the let, no food should be left in the Hall, except where it is securely stored in closed containers. Food scraps must not be left in refuse bins within the building. Bins containing such food remains must be emptied before the end of the let. This is a precaution against rodent infestation.
6. In the event of an accident occurring on the premises the let holder must report the circumstances to any Member of the Hall Board of Directors as soon as possible.
7. The let holder must make all those attending an event aware of the Fire Exits and procedures to be followed (including the location of the assembly area ) in the event of fire or other emergency.
8. The let holder is responsible for providing a safe and healthy environment for all participants. All activities, including movement of furniture and equipment, must be competently planned and executed by the let holder, with appropriate assistance where necessary.
9. Lismore Public Hall Directors have adopted an Equal Opportunities Policy which may be inspected by arrangement with the Secretary.
10. Lismore Public Hall Board of Directors have adopted an Alcohol Policy which may be inspected by arrangement with the Secretary. The main provisions of the policy are:-
a) No alcoholic beverage is to be sold on the premises,
b) Consumption of alcohol by any person under the age of 18 years is not permitted. It is the responsibility of parents or other accompanying adults to ensure that this rule is observed. In the absence of parents or other accompanying adults the let holder must exercise this responsibility
c) The bar staff may, at their discretion, refuse to serve alcohol to any guest whom they consider to be suffering from over indulgence and likely to cause antisocial behaviour. In the event of any antisocial behaviour occurring, it is the responsibility of the let holder to take the necessary action to resolve the issue, and if necessary to escort the offending persons from the premises.
d) Neither the Hall Board of Directors nor the let holder is responsible for any alcohol consumption out with the premises.
11. Where an application for let is made for an event or activity which may place one or more individuals in a child care position [as defined in the Protection of Children (Scotland) Act 2003] the individual or group signing the application acknowledges that advice has been given that anyone in a child care position should have an Enhanced Disclosure check. To apply for Enhanced Disclosure contact : CRBS tel. 01786 849777 or Disclosure Scotland tel. 0870 609 6006
12. At the end of the let holder’s event, all parts of the premises must be checked and any faults or damage reported to the Hall Board of Directors. All lights and electrical appliances must be switched off.
13. The let holder will be required to meet the cost of making good any damage to property arising from the let.
14. Charges and conditions are subject to amendment by the Lismore Public Hall Board of Directors